University Store Payroll Deduction Program for University of Wyoming Employees
Guidelines for the University Store Payroll Deduction Program:
- Payroll deduction is currently available for computer hardware and software purchases only; it cannot be used for textbooks, general books, educational supplies, merchandise, or other services.
- Payroll deduction may be used by full time and part time benefitted UW employees with 1+ years at the University of Wyoming. Family members are not eligible for payroll deduction. The employee must be present to sign the Payroll Deduction Election and Authorization Form. Employee must present a valid University ID with a W# at the time of purchase.
- Purchase Amount/Pay Periods are as follows: Purchases from $101-$500 up to 6 pay periods; from $501-$1,000 up to 8 pay periods; from $1,001-$1,500 up to 10 pay periods; from $1,501-$2500 up to 12 pay periods.
- After a product is purchased on this program, the payroll deduction will begin in the next available payroll period.
- Only one deduction is allowed at one time.
- Payroll Deduction Credit Limit is $2,500.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What if I don’t have my University ID card with me?
We can hold your order until you can provide a valid University ID with a W#. We cannot process an order without a valid W#.
- Can I purchase more than one item at a time?
Yes, but you cannot exceed the established credit limits without manager authorization.
- What if I want to spend more than the established credit limits and the person I’m working with cannot contact the appropriate manager?
We will request approval for your order and call you once we have heard back on the request.
- What if I leave the University and still owe money?
The amount due will be deducted from your final paycheck. If the amount owed is not satisfied/paid through payroll, your account will be sent to Accounts Receivable and is subject to the collection process.
- Can I put a deposit on my purchase, and pay the balance through payroll deductions?
Yes. On the agreement, we will list the amount paid, and then list, “balance of $___ to be paid through payroll deduction.”
- Can I extend the number of pay periods that I pay for my purchase?
No. We need to stay within the established guidelines of 6, 8, 10, or 12, deduction periods.
- When will the first payroll deduction happen?
It will depend on the timing of when the purchase is made within the pay period, and when the paperwork is received by the University Payroll Department. Generally, the 1st deduction will be on the next paycheck. However, if it is near the end of a pay period, it will likely be on the following paycheck.
- What if I want to pay off the deduction balance in full?
Yes you may payoff the balance at the University Store. Please see the University Store Business office for more details.